Friday, March 26, 2010

Easter Surprises!

It's almost Easter and what will we do about Easter baskets?  For starters, it should be noted that we downplay the whole Easter Bunny thing around here.  We emphasize the death and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  We do, however, provide Easter Baskets.  In these baskets are a few candy treats but in the past we have purchased little gift items, as well.  This year those purchased gift items have to be off the table completely.  So, you ask, what are we going to do?  The ideas we have come up with so far include 1.  Free printable coloring Easter pages off the internet, 2.  Homemade peanut butter (and edible) play dough, 3.  Pet rocks that we paint and decorate, 4.  Fruit, 5.  Homemade cookies shaped like crosses.  Since my oldest loves to play Tic Tac Toe, I thought I might make up some ready-to-go Tic-Tac-Toe cards for him.  I also saw on one internet site some really cute little critters and cars made from egg cartons.  They painted them a solid color and then added little things to make them either an animal of some sort or little cars or trucks.  I suppose we will have to use real grass or pine needles in the baskets we have stored away. 
Last year I made some really adorable bunnies out of socks but since I did that already, I am not going to do that again this year.  Still trying to come up with just the right thing.  I did see some yarn eggs at www.instructables.com that looked pretty neat.  You guys got any ideas for me?  Please share.  My email address for the blog is www.sheilapierson63@yahoo.com  so send your ideas and I just may share them with everyone else right here.  Thanks for reading and Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment