Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Strength in Numbers

I get so excited when I see I have a new follower to this blog.  You guys keep me on the straight and narrow.  You hold me accountable.  You all inspire me to look for new and creative ways to cut costs even more.  We were discussing accountability in our Sunday School class the other day and how important it is in our lives.  It's true.  If we didn't have support for this little experiment, it would be so much more difficult to stay true to it.  My Momma Fran (MIL) is on a getting-fit journey.  She was telling me that our shopping thin experiment has led to her being more committed to her exercise and healthy eating routine.  She joined a group called SparkPeople at www.sparkpeople.com where individuals can get connected to people in their own area and across the country who have similar goals with diet and fitness.  It is a very interactive site with tons of options for meal planning, goal tracking, weight tracking, community boards, blog posting and your own personal page.  I have even signed up myself.  The point is, we get more accomplished in life when we support one another and feed off of each other's successes.  Knowing our commitment to what we are doing has inspired others in their own journey is humbling and rewarding.  So, it matters when we know you all are out there, coming up alongside us, checking what we have in our carts at the store and weighing in on the blog posts.  I knew one day I was going to get committed in this life - just thought it would be to a rubber room.  This is much nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment