Saturday, March 13, 2010

Update

Okay, here we are in month THREE!  Surprisingly enough, we are doing very well with this.  We do have Easter coming up.  No new clothing will be purchased for Easter Sunday.  Easter baskets will be creatively assembled.  We can buy a little candy for the baskets but as far as "gifts" go, they will have to be handmade.  I have a few ideas up my sleeve that I will share at a later time.  In reference to a previous post where I declared a 'dessert fast' I would like to announce it is 13 days into the month with no dessert!  It's not that bad right now.  At first, I thought I would go crazy without it, but I suppose my body is adjusting to its absence.  However, on the subject of the Tic Tacs, I have faltered once or twice with these.  There are just those moments when the Tic Tacs are a necessity.  But hey - I've given up shopping and desserts so I hope you will give me a break on the Tic Tacs!  The boys are doing great with this - Kelby has asked more than once if we can do this 'no-shopping' thing again next year.  I am very happy to report that Quade has not given in one time to purchase a DVD or some hunting gadget that he found on sale.  It could be because he doesn't even bother going to that section of the store anymore!  So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment