Thursday, April 1, 2010

Updates and Easter Blessings To You!

I have failed!  I failed the dessert fast I had going for the month of March.  I gave it up March 20th at our church's day retreat for women.  But I am happy about going 20 days without dessert.  Unfortunately, I can't say it made an impact on my waistline because it did not.  A reader of the blog challenged me on this and she was supposed to do it with me - she gave up before I did!  Oh well, we have learned something about ourselves - we are weaklings. 

On another front - the chicken coop.  I am excited to report that a very kind lady has offered us her old chicken coop - completely free.  My husband has been taking it apart slowly and is going to reassemble it on our property.  I have been told the chicks will be arriving in April but won't be ready for a coop for a little while after that.  This is very exciting for us because we didn't know how we would go about building a coop without spending any money at all and God has provided a way!

Lastly, Happy Easter everyone.  Beyond the Easter Baskets and the Easter Bunny, if you are spending time with little ones this weekend be sure to tell them the real Easter Story - Of Jesus, Our Savior, who died on a cross that we might live; but don't stop there - with great excitement, share with them the Resurrection of our Lord and how He can live in each of us if we only ask Him to.  Happy Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment