Friday, April 9, 2010

Temptations Abound

What to my wondering eyes should appear, but beautiful flowers and all full of cheer! With trays full of petals, all delicate and bright, I knew in a moment my resolve could take flight.

A quick stop in Wal-Mart last night proved difficult.  I am allowed to purchase food-producing plants such as tomato plants, blueberry bushes, pepper plants, etc.  But, all those adorable vincas and daisies, waves of phlox and marigolds beckoned me closer.  I could pick them up and look at them, right?  I just couldn't put them in my cart.  The pansy, delicate in appearance but belying its name in hardiness, gently dipped their little heads revealing painted petals of yellow, deep purple and lavender.  And when one of the Mandevilla tendrils reached out to climb into my cart I gently curled it back onto its potted trellis, promising next year, next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment