Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Word of Thanks

Word must be getting out about this little experiment.  In the past week I have had two different people offer to give me clothes for myself and my youngest boy.  Two weeks ago someone gave me clothes for my oldest boy.  Believe me, I am grateful for their generosity.  Clothes are not on our list of purchasable items this year.  Support for this effort by those around us really keeps us going and keeps us motivated, and we are certainly thankful for their support.  I have seen such a difference in my husband's attitude about balancing the checkbook - that alone has made this all worth it!  He used to put it off as long as he could and then fussed, fussed, fussed all the way through it.  Now, he gets it done quickly and without complaint.  In fact, I think I heard a little "Yes!" slip out when he finished the other day.  As always, we give thanks to the Lord for sustaining us - He always meets our needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment