Wednesday, February 24, 2010

All In Good Time

I'm not satisfied unless I have a thousand things on my plate.  I have tried to scale back but the harder I try, the more I end up doing.  I suppose I need to resign myself to the fact that I am the CEO of something undefinable but definitely all-consuming.  The bright side is that I am no longer overwhelmed by running here and there for this and that.  A commercial on television for a "one-day sale" doesn't even warrant my acknowledgment.  And, since I am spending no time - zip, zero- on online shopping, I do have more time to devote to things like this, which I enjoy enormously.  Writing is my first love - always has been, always will be.  This allows me some creative expression, as well as the opportunity to embark upon a crazy, offbeat experiment, which is fun in a challenging sort of way.  Normal does not fit who I am, and I happily embrace that fact!  This may cause severe embarrassment to my children one day, but I think at some point they will realize I do these crazy, all-in, go-for-it things to show them to have no fear of standing out from the crowd.  One day they may be asked to stand up for something - something truly important and maybe somewhere in the back of their minds they will remember where they came from - after all, a nut doesn't fall far from the tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment