Saturday, February 13, 2010

Birthday on a Budget

My birthday was yesterday and my mother won the prize for gifting!  She actually made my entire gift without spending a penny on anything but a few grocery items like flour and frosting.  But wait to you hear what she made me.  She put together a little hand scrub made from brown sugar, white sugar and sea salt.  She re-used a jar she had and added a bow.  But then, she made a cookie bouquet (thus, the need for flour and frosting).  She needed sticks to put the cookie flowers on and used some wooden chopsticks she was saving for a future craft project.  She put this bouquet into a very pretty container, which she already had and simply re-used.  I cannot leave out my husband, though. He did come through for me.  I committed myself in my last post not to purchase more than one 4-pack of Tic Tacs and I have not.  But I only had a few left.  My husband knew what the perfect birthday gift would be and bought me Tic Tacs!  He also cooked a steak dinner - yum.  My little boys made me beautiful artwork that I can display and admire for years to come.  All in all, it was a great birthday.  I don't have to worry about finding a place I don't have for knick knacks I don't need, and we enjoyed the evening together, with our bellies full of steak and Tic Tacs at the ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment