Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Out Of the Mouths Of Babes...

My Kelby amazes me - He walked up to me last night and said he wanted to ask me something.  I always brace myself when he does this because the next words out of his mouth usually have to do babies and how they get here or why boys have to stand up to go number one but girls have to sit down for it.  And he doesn't settle for a simple response.  Bracing for the worst, I literally breathed a sigh of relief when he asked if we could keep doing this "shopping thing" again next year.  He said he really liked it and that he wasn't missing out on anything.  Of course, this is only month two and who knows how he might feel later in the year, but I have to say he has adjusted very easily to not buying 'stuff' so far.  We can only hope this sets off a positive trend and instills good shopping habits our boys will keep for life.  Why shouldn't children learn at least one thing from their parents' mistakes?

No comments:

Post a Comment