Monday, August 9, 2010

Inventive Gifting

Can't believe it's been a month since I last posted - been a busy summer!  We did take a short vacation to Holiday World in Indiana - We didn't purchase a single souvenir to bring back and the kids never asked for anything, either!  And wow, what a deal that place is - very family friendly, with free drinks and sunscreen.  Loved it. 

So we got a birthday invitation last week for a one-year birthday party for a little boy.  Now, a first birthday is a special birthday.  We needed to have a gift for this little fella, so what were we gonna do?  A friend told me that he liked Puffs (a toddler's snack).  That got me thinking - how about a snack pack?  Fill up a container with little snacks that a growing guy might like.  I have included a pic so you can see what I came up with.  I had the goodies but no container to put them in, so I had to get real creative real quick.  I looked around my house and saw a pair of cut-off shorts that belonged to my oldest boy - he hated them so never wore them.  I did a quick stitch to the bottom with hemp and had an instant "SnackPack".  The pockets served to hold two yogurt drinks and the rest of it held the other little snacks.  I made a decorative box to put some of the banana cookies in and a card to match.  I tied two more strings of hemp through the belt loops for handles.  The whole family seemed to like it, and I think it turned out pretty cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment