I can't believe it is already the middle of September! I want to talk about EXCESS. Excess is anything more than what you really need. Most of us have it. In looking at the things I use every day I began to evaluate how much excess I now have nine months into our little no-buying experiment. My piles are dwindling. If you are curious about how much excess you have answer the following questions.
1. How many containers of lipstick/eyeshadow do you have?
2. How many bottles of perfume do you have?
3. Do you have a blender, a juicer, a food processor and a food chopper?
4. How many cans of furniture polish/cleaners do you have on hand?
5. Articles of clothing - Do you have more than 3 white shirts/blouses? More than 6-8 handbags/purses? More than 20 pair of shoes (any kind)? What about belts? And don't get me started on jewelry.
My point is - do you really need all that extra stuff? Is it just taking up space until you finally realize it's still in the closet or under the cupboard? And do those extra things that you probably never use or wear ever enter your mind when you are out shopping for more? We have all bought stuff we don't need and don't use and don't wear - but we don't have to keep doing it. Couldn't you think of a better use of your money and your space? Food for thought - eat it up or spit it out.